Sony has finally revealed the price of PSVR 2, and many gamers are wondering if it will work and be compatible with PS4 and PC, as well as how the PlayStation specs compare to Meta Quest 2.
It’s a terribly exciting time for PlayStation gamers. The release date of God of War Ragnarok is just around the corner, and everyone expects it to be as amazing and even better than Kratos’ sublime return in 2018.
While the most anticipated PlayStation exclusive of the year is releasing very soon, gamers will also be able to pre-order Sony’s next foray into virtual reality in just a few weeks.
Will PSVR 2 work on PS4 and PC?
PSVR 2 is not compatible with PS4 or PC, as Sony’s PlayStation blog says it will only work with PS5 consoles.
It’s possible gamers could run it on computers via third-party software similar to Sony’s first VR headset, but support is unofficial. Again, it’s only designed for PS5.
It’s due out in February 2023. You’ll be able to pre-order it for £529.99, or you can pre-order a bundle that includes a Horizon Call of the Mountain promotional code for £569.99.
Below is everything that comes with the VR package:
- VR headset
- PlayStation VR2 Sense (L) / (R) controller with attached straps
- USB cable (for controller pairing and charging)
- Stereo headphones
- Three pairs of headphones
- Printed materials
Below are the specs of PSVR 2 vs Meta Quest 2:
- Display method – OLED
- Panel resolution – 2000 x 2040 per eye
- Panel refresh rate – 90Hz, 120Hz
- Lens Separation – Adjustable
- Field of View – Approximately 110 degrees
- Motion sensor: Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer)
- Attachment sensor: IR proximity sensor
- 4 built-in cameras for headset and controller tracking
- Infrared camera for eye-by-eye tracking
- Feedback – Vibration on the headset
- Communication with PS5 – USB Type-C
- Input: built-in microphone
- Output: stereo headphone jack
Meta Quest 2:
- Followed – Six degrees of freedom
- Controllers – Redesigned touch controllers
- Headband – Soft strap
- Quick-switching LCD screen
- 1832 x 1920 resolution per eye
- 60, 72, 90 Hz refresh rate supported
- Glasses compatible
- Sound – 3D positional audio
- Storage – 128 GB | 256 GB
In addition to the specs above, it’s worth noting that the Meta Quest 2 costs £399.99 compared to the PSVR 2 at £529.99.
In other news, Harvestella release date, time and price for Switch and PC